Thursday, November 14, 2013

"Bragging?"

I am here to speak/write/brag/share the things I have learned about my Heavenly Father and my earthly father.

My dad:
My dad and I are like twins. Okay, you know, maybe not exactly identical twins, but we are. If you listen to us speak with each other for about ten minutes, you will hear the same sensations through our vocal chords. He is a father that cares and endures with each of his kids. Oh, and get this: my dad has patience. Whoaaaa man, talk about patience. Like legit. He'll say, "Z, are you crabby today?" and I will just reply with "Yupppppp," in the sassiest way possible, but then he knows to leave me alone ;). But, at the same time, he also knows how to handle me. It's hard to describe, but when I'm sad, sometimes he'll just ask what is wrong. If I am overly happy, he'll sit there and listen to me ramble on and on and on about how I made 7/10 free throws at basketball practice and how I got a 25/25 on my math quiz. He's a man of intelligence, and a man of bravery. I admire my dad because he works hard and deserves what he gets. He'll forever be my dad that I cherish, and one of whom I will never forget. He'll never be able to know how much I love him because there just simply aren't enough words in the English language to describe how much he means to me.
 



My Dad:
My Dad and I are similar, but He is far more radical than me.. He never ceases to amaze me. He puts a smile on my face every day that I am happy, and puts a smile on my face every day that I am sad. My Groom waits for me above the clouds because He wants me to come home. He treats me every single moment of my life time: He always pays for me, always protects me, and always surrounds me. It's as if the sun from the sky is the same Son that flows within my fingertips. I'll never fully understand what I did for Him to love me so much, but I guess that has to remain a mystery. His love and grace abound above the treetops of the wilderness and don't dare escape the deserts of the world. All the beasts of the field, the growing plantation, and His lovely people want more of Him every waking day. He is a Dad that listens to every complaint I make, catches every tear that falls, holds me as I lay awake at 3am because I'm stressed, loves me as I fail Him every day, pursues me when no one else accepts me, and holds onto my hand when I am falling off a cliff. He'll never be able to know how much I love Him because there just simply aren't enough words in the English language to describe how much He means to me.

I know His heart is as beautiful as this:

No comments:

Post a Comment