Sunday, March 8, 2015

Become a Runner

What my journey as a senior in high school has taught me is to become a runner.

Not only the physical act of running, but the emotionally, mentally, and physically aspect of it as well.

For a little while now, I've been running more when I exercise. Couple miles here and there. You know, the casual stuff. People run all the time. It's good. It's refreshing. It's needed.

Except I'm not really a runner. I'm a "the-word-'tredmill'-makes-me-mad" type of person. Because, well, running is good for you and whatever, but the physical act of running… sucks.

BUT. As I have been relatively consistent with running more, it feels so good to run. Zoning out completely, thinking long, deep thoughts, while listening to blaring music is absolutely great.

A couple days ago, when I was running, I had this thought of what does a life running after Christ look like?

I was reminded that Christ is standing at the finish line with a huge smile on His face.
"Come on, daughter, you can do it"
"My son, you're doing so well; keep up at it."

The things He shouts as our feet stagger on the pavement as we run this giant race.

I can tell you as a matter of fact that I am completely winded, exhausted, and confused while I'm running this race. The barriers can be all too much. Quite frankly, they are annoying and destroying and distracting and ruining and infuriating and hurting and draining and deteriorating. There are so many bits and pieces that we must remember… There is so much "stuff" and so many circumstances that's it's nearly impossible to remember that He is waiting for us at the finish line as we finish this race..
…. Or is it impossible?

The race of life is no easy task. But yet again, if it were easy, would we really need God? Would He need us to cry out to Him? Would He be there?

He urges you to become a runner.
He is waiting for you to run to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment